Connective Parenting with Bonnie Harris
“Trust yourself. And trust your children. When we trust our children, they learn to naturally trust themselves.” – Bonnie Harris
Hi Soulful Mama,
I have so much wisdom for you this week in my straight-talking unedited conversation with Bonnie Harris, a child behavior and parenting expert and counselor, mama of 2, and author of two great parenting books.
Bonnie talks about her painful journey of letting go of her passion for acting to uncover her bigger purpose as a mom and a parenting educator. She also talks about finding her voice after a difficult childhood and gives you tips for being the best parent you can possibly be.
Here’s what we talked about:
- How Bonnie tearfully left her absolute passion for acting to uncover her even bigger passion and purpose and took a huge, courageous move to turn it into reality (2:35)
- How synchronicity lent a helping hand to help push Bonnie on her path (10:20)
- Letting go of excuses and the need to be an “expert” to take the next step (14:22)
- How Bonnie’s daughter was the biggest “obstacle” that she had to overcome to find her wisdom and expertise. (18:54)
- How Bonnie found her voice after a very difficult childhood where she had to “be quiet” and have no opinions of her own (23:48)
- Bonnie’s #1 tool to be an effective parent and some bonus tools (32:00)
This conversation will give you lots of ideas, tips and tools you can use become a more confident and effective mama. Bonnie is also generously gifting an audio version of her book to those who listen to this interview and get in touch with her. It’s packed with wisdom so you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity!
Resources from the conversation:
1:1 Complimentary Passion & Purpose Coaching Session with Natalie
If you’re ready to uncover your passion and purpose and do what you were put on this Earth to do, apply for a complimentary 1:1 Passion & Purpose Coaching Session with Natalie here.
About Your Hostess:
Hi, I’m Natalie.
I’m a leadership coach (with many certifications under my belt), writer, teacher and adventurer. For the past 16 years, I’ve been helping soulful go-getters figure out what they were put on this Earth to do and turn their many ideas, talents and passions into successful purpose driven businesses and creative projects while creating lives they love.
I live my dream life and believe that anybody can do it with the right tools and support! I live my passions for community, connection, personal and spiritual growth, adventure and healthy living on a daily basis. I also indulge my love of foreign cultures and travel by spending the school years in South America, summers in the US and traveling the world with my husband and three daughters a couple months a year.
You can learn more about me and my work and get my free 12- day Live with Passion & Program at nataliematushenko.com.